Monday, March 29

Awakening Moment???

Had quite a disturbed weekend.

Last fri, the P disclosed who are the promotees. I was not one of them. Frankly speaking, I was expecting to be one of them. Last year, i wasnt one of them and was quite disturbed by the fact that those with degress got their promotion eralier than me, though I did more than them. Even one of my fellow NIE classmate, three years older than me, got his promotion last year. This weekend, with disappointment, i spent quite a deal time pondering over my actions and deeds for last year.

True enough, i had a parent complaint and i didnt follow the SOW. And I thought that affected my promotion. Though indirectly, it didnt affect my promo, it still did in my PB.

E and S said something this evening that suddenly struck me. They said that I need to present myself as more mature and speak appropriately at times. Think this is what people say as grow up. I think its in my character that I belong to the more child-like type. Even as a leader, I would protray some child-like charateristics. When I led my team of adults to Laos this year, I also had a difficult time trying to be serious. Had a bit of difficulty. Had to act more mature and had to think a lot so as to let people entrust confidence in you. Not that I was super sucessful, but at least I tried. S also mentioned that i should stop my child-like manners.

Haiz... Think this is what they call grow up... Think its about time for me to grow up... Bye bye, Matthew...

1 comment:

klayhead said...

there's a child in all of us yes?

pity if this has affected the perception of others