Sunday, April 20

A sense of Happiness









19th April 2008--- One of the days when i felt very nervous. I was the Chinese Emcee for a church event!

Wa... I didnt manage to eat breakfast and lunch lor. So nervous.... I emcee before but its for a wedding dinner where its more relax type. The other time was my school CNY concert which is the the informal and 'High" type lor. Nvr tried this type of super formal religious type of emcee"ing" b4.

I still remembered. The nite b4, i went to bed only around 2am. Scared tat i'll be super late in waking up. i reminded all my family members to wake up me up @ 6am (when i am only supposed to reach sch @ 830am).

When i reached sch, the boys were alr there. I had the idea tat Zac was supposed to picked us up. Suprisingly, Uncle Chua was also there. I thought he was supposed to pick another batch of pupils and hence, i was waiting all along for Zac. Then Uncle Chua was asking me at 9am," Still gt some pupils haven come is it? So late alr.." I was smiling at him ans saying no lah. Its just tat wew are waiting for transport. Uncle Chua reply was," Huh? Wat transport? I am the transport lar.." Diaoz... After a call to Chi Wen to clarify the mis-com, we boarded the bus. My mind is in a mess lor. Wat a way to start the day...

Reached St Andrew's Cathedral at 930am (supposed to reach at 9 i guess). But when we reached there, onli peter was there. Winner lor. Chi Wen put on the consent form so early when the rest of the advance party onli reached ard 10am. Luckily we didnt reach there so early or else i don know wat to do man.

The rest were practising for the parade into the church. My Co-Emcee was late an hence, i spent the next 1 hr reading the bible. When Jasmine, my co-emcee, reached, we plunged into rehearsal str8 away. My voice was trembling lor. When we stepped onto the rostrum, my mind was like a whirlpool. Cant imagine speaking to so many pple.

Hengz ar.. After serveral rounds of practicing, i became calmer. Teh ceremony started on the dot at 2pm. Everything went on smoothly. Thank God! THe onli giltch was tat the ceremony ended ealier than expected and the caterer was not there yet. So, we have to buy time.

Ok, tis time round i gt real tensed up. As only the other emcee gt to know the last min changes (cause i was on stage when she went down stage to get the latest info), i had to listen to her carefully when she was adressing the congregation and then, TRANSLATE ON THE SPOT!!!!!! SUPER STRESSED up lor. No time to think of the appropriate words. Jus Hum Blang jus trasnlate on the spot after she finished saying her ang moh piece.

But Praise the Lord,it went quite well. A few of the pple in the congregation came up to congragulate us and said luckily there was no giltch and everything went on as planned. My heart was like" what? U nvr realised tat we were like buying time at the end?" haha.... I am real suprised tat we managed to hold the whole congregation down by us two.

I was quite pleased with my performance tat day actuaLLY. I mean, I coundlnt done it without the help of the variousn pastors and officer help and of course, my master "Auntie Ellen" who helped mke a lot on the translation part. Ppl who came up to me actually said i overshadow my co-emcee. I think they were refering to the size. But i was elatd to know wat i can actually do. Emcee infront of a 500-600 pple in a formal event. Wow.. Coolz

No comments: