Sunday, June 21

Runway Cycling and Skating


Went for my 45km cycling event at Paya Lebar Airbase today. Quite a day i guess. The event start 830am but my buddy nad i rch thr super early, like 715am. Reason being we were late when we attend the same event 2 yrs back and this yr, we kiasu a bit, so rch quite early.

Wnt to get the rented bike first


We were the first few in the line and this is how it look like when we look back.


Gt this percussion grp to entertain us while we were waiting to start the event


Gt also this bunch of katers who were doing some stunts while waiting. I must say quite entertaining.


This was hw it look like when i turned back about 10 mins before the GOH flag us off


ok, i admit. 自恋again....


Yeah, both of us gt our "done the 45km" certs


This is how the cert looks like....


Hahha... Cnt emphasise this enuff..


My Finisher medal for my OCBC 40km Cyclethon earlier this year.


The overall Pic


Both my medal and cert for completing two major cycling events this yr.



Comapring my two experience in the events, i think the OCBC one was much more fun. Held in the city, had more things to see. The Runway gt nothing to see. Just trees, grasses and more of them and of course, the runway. To complete 45km, we need go 3 rds. Quite sianz....

Also, my bike. I think the OCBC one quite small alr but the SAFRA one !! The handle too low lo. I gt shoulder ache after completing the 45km. I stop at 2 water pts during the 45km and stretching the shoulder muscles is much more impt than taking the water.

But of course, the 45 km more siong than the OCBC one. Had more sense of achievement than when i complete my OCBC Cyclethon. Now my butt and calf muscles, not forgetting my shoulder muscles, ACHE. Think the free SALONPAS patch comes into good use.

I know i a bit siao but was thinking about entering the SAFRA Quadrathon leh. Need 4 pax to enter. One to swim, one to Skate, one to Cycle and one to run. Ok, i cant run for nuts but i don mind participating in the cycle portion. Anyone wan join ?

No comments: