Thursday, September 17

4th Day Reservist

Today already Thursday. Two more days before i can go out to Civilian life.

Had a heart to heart talk with someone last night. Learnt about things that i didnt know. Both of us were busy and didnt have the chance to meet up. But ok la, thru the talk last night, get more updates from him. At times like tat, i actually felt good that i can be someone that he can confide in me. I also want to find friends whom i can confide in...

Running into a relationship is not encouraged, esp by me. I feel that if a relationship is built up too fast, it is not stable and hence, that is why i took such a long time. But i also see a few couples who had a fast relationship and its now bearing the fruits of labour. But as stated, its a few... I have seen too mnay fast and unstable relationship who ended up in dire straits.

More and less, i have settled down in the reservist life. Life wasnt that bad during this reservist. Though i had a encik and Lta who seems like they don really know what they are doing, i had a great time with my detachment.

I was doing mortar drill with my detachment today and it brought back memories of my active time. My detachment is more or less the same, less for two persons who came to top up my detachment cause one downgraded and one gt MC to go home.

S was as usual. Being the clown of the detachment, he has certainly brought us much laughter amist the tough weather. He wittyly said some things that will have us smile and laugh... K was ok as well. Had some time to talk to him during the drills and since i am sleeping beside him as well, i had some time to catch up with him. Realised that he has 收敛 quite a bit in his attitude. What used to be a quick tempered young man has matured into a discipled person. Talked about many life principles and life perspectives. F was ok. Save for a few witty statements, he was generally quiet as usual. W, the person whom i dislike in the detachment, has downgraded. Hmm... Ok, not really dislike... But sometimes when he makes comments that made u feel real stupid, which happens quite often, you just feel like ignoring him. L was on MC. Had some psychological prob. Hope he can recover from that and join back the detachment soon. I miss the times we had when we were talking nonsense in our detachment, not doing drills under the hot drilling sun. I miss the times where we would cook food in mess things, with fire started with solid fuel. I miss the times, where we sit together and complain about everything.... I miss the times, when we shared about our life philosophies....

I miss, i miss, i miss.........

PS. But cetainly not the stupid drills that we had to go thru, not the helmets we have to wear, not the waiting time we spend while waiting for things to happen, not the stupid orders others asked us to do, not the protocols that we had to follow...

No comments: