Sunday, November 8

一个Kelong的学习之旅

Went to a Kelong yesterday to have a rough it out 2D1N. As usual of steeping into a foriegn territory, I needed some time to get used to it. The floor was quite dirty and i was quite skeptical about sitting on it. But i was looking around my team mates and i realise that i don take the initiative to sit on the floor during group discussions, my team will never sit down in a group and share. Do in the end, I did.

The first thing we did when we settle down was to cook lunch, with the lunch team preparing it. I didnt ate much. As per my usual habit, I need a few hours to get used to the the environment and while I am at it, my food intake was super low. It might be also contributed by the fact that the environment was not very hygenic as compared to the ones I lived in. Also, the porridge was a bit cold. But nevertheless, kudos to the lunch team to cook something decent for us so that we don have to go hungry.

After lunch was a series of facilitation sessions. Everything went quite well except that it was quite serious. Don know why I cant get the ambience to a more relaxed and joyful feel.

Dinner was served a bit late but it was real good! It was a one dish meal but it was SUPER NICE. Thks to the dinner team, I two bowls of rice and 3 pcs of chicken. It might be due to the fact i ate very little for lunch. The grp update was a bit draggy and not everyone was listening. But at least the impt points were covered and agreed upon.

During the late at night, we did a sharing of our fears. It went relatively well but still fall short of what i expect. Hmmm... Maybe i'm expecting too much.

After the last activity, i went to sleep on a sofa and my eyes closed after a few mintues. But, i did not get a good night sleep. I kept waking up every 45 mins or so. Cnt get to real sleep and I do not know the reason why? Is it due to stress or is it due to getting used to the sofa? This, i cnt even answer myself.

Finally, at the last time i open my eyes, dawn was breaking. Seeing such a nice scenery not to be missed, i got out my notebook and pen and went to the edge of the kelong to admire the hard-to-find scene and as well as to do some reflection.

Below are my reflection as I sat by the kelong.


" 现在是6.30pm, 我在Kelong上。在Kelong上的早上,有一种莫名的宁静。坐在Kelong的一个角落,随着发电机的杂声,仿佛来到了另外一种世界。

日出的第一道柔光划过碧蓝的天空,为蓝蓝的天空增添不少色彩。码头的起重机举得高高的,又闪着点点星光似的。早晨的阳光好像在唤醒大地,叫我们起床了。

随着Kelong的摇摆,安静地听着发电机的旋律,看着无边无际的大海;我觉得一身的平静。

回想昨晚,真是令我打开眼界。我从来都不知道晚上的Kelong可以是那么地热闹。虽然Kelong的装饰算不上堂皇,但是还是有不少热爱钓鱼的同道中人前往Kelong来钓鱼。他们一手拿着夜宵和睡袋,另外一只手拿着钓鱼竿,开开心心地踏上Kelong。人生的乐趣不是不过如此吗?和几个志同道合的好友或至亲享受几个小时无手机铃声的时光,那也不是一种享受?每次都到霓虹灯闪烁的夜间场所,偶尔到了没有流行音乐的领域,也是另一种乐趣。

回到了现在,太阳好像是一粒圆圆的蛋黄袅袅地升到上空。人们开始工作的吵杂声开始了,一天的忙碌又从这里开始。"

马特
2009年11月8日

The first and only activity for the second day went pretty well. Some of the characters were easy to guess while others were difficult. After the first activity, i asked around how they felt about this entire trip. Most commented that this trip was good as it gives us the chance to know each other better and gel togther. However, I felt that the team was still not very bonded together. Agan, am I expecting too much or what?

But anyway, we came to the end of the trip. We packed up pretty fast and left the kelong. I was so tired on the taxi that i feel asleep almost immediately when my head touched the head rest. When i reached home, I actually slept for 5 hours before i open my eyes again to eat my dinner.

No comments: