Sunday, February 11

Thoughts on my mind

What is the true and real purpose of volunteerism? We volunteer because we want to help people in need? We want to bring warmth to their lives when most of them live in misery most of the time? What about volunteers ourselves? Do we still have the passion to volunteer when we feel down about the things we do ?

My life of volunteerism begins after i grad from Sec sch. I never thought about leaving the organisation as I felt great after completing one proj after another. I feel great when i see smiles on the students that had in touch with. I feel great when i work together with my friends. I feel great when we hang out after strenuous activities.

I think I am more suited volunteer in activites where I am doing the ground work. I do understand that people need to improve ourselves and climb up the social ladder as we grow. However, i feel that I am in a volunteering organisation, i do not need to force myself to behave like when I am in the outside world. Selfish as i may be to other people but i wan to be myself, enjoying myself when i am doing volunteer work. Why do I need to behave like in the outside world when what I am doing is out of my own willingness?

Responsibility, commitment, leadership, inter-personal skills,emotion control are just some of the things we have to take into consideration when we are doing volunteering work. But since when do office politics come into place? Since when does back-stabbing, garthering armies of soldiers come into place? Since when do people dread doing volunterring work? Since when do committed volunteers break into different groups ? All these will lead to nowhere.

Volunteers are like parts of the body. The limbs, the nerves, the brain, the skin cells, the blood and etc need to work in harmony to make the whole body function well and healthy. When parts of your body fail or refuse to work together, the body is nothing than a lump of bones and skins where it serves no purpose at all.

I am looking forward to my attachment. Crazy as it may seem, i like my career. Though it will be the start of endless lesson plans, no end of complaining of the various teachers i need to work under, a long queue of students that i might ned to call parents and chase their homework; i still feel a sense of achievement at the end of the day. The way their faces light up when they finally understand something. The way their eyes sparkle when they are playing with their friends. The way their mouth curl up when u joke with them. The way they appreciate whatever you have done for them.

Small bodies leaning over their desk to get things done. "Ringgggg" adn all these small bodies will run out of the room. Voices start to scream from all these small bodies. The voices will float to the air-conditioned room where all the big bodies will now lean over their table to get things done. The room will be filled with big bodies.

"Ringgggg" and all the small bodies will run back to their smaller rooms to get ready for the next lessson in life.

"Ringggggg" and all those small bodies will run again to get to their loving guardians/parents into their embrace. The big bodies will offer to carry their bags while the intelligent ones will try to refuse cause carrying their own bag is a sense of maturity to them. The canteen will be brimming full of people who wants to take-away cheap food. Hhaha....


I really cant wait for the day to come.


Autumn times, the leaves falls. Winter time, the tree will be barren. Endure! Edure! Endure! Endure the cold harsh times. Spring time, all will spring to life once again. Summer time, the earth will be filled with laughter from all the children of the world.

No comments: