Thursday, August 28

Today

Today was quite a good day. The weather was good (though raining in the morning) and as well as the people as well..

1) Woke up to a rainy day. Enjoy the coldness and the sound of the rain pattering outside my balcony door.

2) After waking up at 6am, went back to sleep again and sprang out of bed onli at 720am. Not late for work.

3) The stupid cow dung didnt disturb me the entire day.

4) When i went to my P5 Class today, these 2 girls actually asked me to close my eyes from one classroom away stating that they wanted to give me a surprise! Obliging them, i closed my eyes and walked into the classroom with their guidance. WHen they asked me to open my eyes, the white board was decorated with drawings and words. Though it was not a master piece, but i was quite pleased. It shows that at least they gt some sense of gratitute.

5) Had quite a fun time with my students during their recess.

There was this boy that i shall call him W. He didnt like responding to teachers whenever we talk to him. Whenever we go close to him, he would shun away. The form teacher and I had quite a hard time with him during the first term.

However, today when i was sitting with the other kids in the canteen today, he actually came close to us and sat down to eat while makaning. I was pleasantly surprised! We were talking about some other issues when he jus pop a Question :

"潘老师,你为什么要做老师?”

Hahah.. Many teachers i know would jus answer them abruptly and switched to another topic. However, i decide to come clean with them. Though my answer was the sort of "model answer" anyone would give, but its from the bottom of my heart.

I shared with them the joy and sorrow of being in the education service (of course, told them only the students and teachers aspect).... I shared with them how the journey of becoming a teacher was about. Then he pop another one:

"你每个月拿多少钱?”

I decline to answer his question and asked him instead why he pop up tis question.

"因为我可以看可以拿多少钱,然后看以后要不要做老师。。”

Haha... i was like WOW!! I was quite amazed that he actually thought of becoming one though he is normally the one that gives us trouble. I think he understands that being a teacher is tough but he thinks that its a job worth trying.

I know, i know... He might jus be talking cock. But if you see him at tat pt of time, he is really thinking about it lor. He might forget about it whem he grow up but at least, he is thinking of something now. I mean, its better than him trying to get hell out of the teachers right?

After their recess, i went back to the staff room to ponder over this question. "Moulding the Nation" was MOE motto or vision, i forgot. Teahcers will impact the life of the young. Some students take longer time, some shorter. In the pursuit of today's earthly material gains, we sometimes lose ourselves in the race. Some of them lost their sense of direction, some lost the motivation.

PASSION is a big word. The fire burning in us burns strong when we are in NIE. However, some began to fade away after yrs of teaching. I mus admit, some of mine began to fade away just onli last yr. But, tis yr, it was ignited again.

When I was in the canteen jus now, the "good images" MOE painted came to my mind. This was exactly what i am searching for. I don look forward to teaching, i look forward to sharing, to two-way communication. Instead of us like a person with many life experiences and telling them wat to do and wat not, sometimes i feel that we should step back and let them talk to us. Accept their ideas with an open mind and we could learn even more from them.

6) During the P2 recess, when i was accompanying my P2s for makaning, some of my former students (last yr i taught them when they were in P5)came to talk to me. Yay, they were like acting cool and stuff but they at least addressed me properly and the shirt was tucked in, haha.. Chatted a bit with them before they need to go practice their dance item. They refused to tell me what they were practicing for but i osrt of gussed as much. I jus don wan to spoil the spirit.

No comments: