Thursday, March 20

102th Post----> Angry!!

Damn it. WTF!

Received word from my HOD tat my former student mum actually wrote a letter to complain.

Complaints

1) Last Yr, the teacher (I) gave a lot of impromtu tests causing thwe parents to panic when they saw thew test pprs returned back to them.

2)Last Yr, they didnt recieve any feedback from the teahcer (Me again) about their daughter;s poor results.

3) This Yr,, their new chinese teacher (my colleague) was a relief teacher onli teaching them for a short period of time.

4) This Yr, the chinese teacher should do something about their daughter;s poor result (i.e. Remedial for their daughter)

My thinking twds the complaints

1) I didnt do any impromtu tests for my class last yr. All of them were told beforehand about the test at least 2 days. All were told to write down in their com bk. Even if i did give impromtu test, think other parents complaints wld come in even before she did after Term 1 in Yr 2008. I don think she checked with the child throughly before she wrote the feedback email.

2) When i received the class last yr, I was told that this child performance was poor. Hence, when the result of the child came out, i jus accepted the results since it was told to me tat she is poor. Nw the parent complained tat i didnt feedback top them. Even said that they didnt see me at all last yr. WTH! If they are really concerned about their child's performance, think they could have contacted me last yr. How can a teahcer be uncontactable at all if they jus tried callling the school? Just call the office and in due time (i.e. one day), the teacher will get back to you.

3) My colleague specifically told them tat their "new teacher" (a practicum teahcer) would jus teach them for a short period of time. Even when the prac teacher is teaching, my colleague went inside too. So wat is the matter wif the parent?

4) P3 onli and they wan remedial ????!!!!!!!!! Even i told my tuition kids' tat tuition for the kids should onli start in P4. Cos i feel tat P3 is a too young age to face the pressure of tuition. If they wan their child (P1 to P3) to improve their results, they could juz supervise their child. Work closely wif the sch teacher and things shld improve.

Conclusion: THey blame the sch on their daughter's relectance to learn Chinese nw.

I think i managed to change a lot over the yrs. I used to be very impulsive and wld usually raise a racket when things like tat happen. Interestingly, today i jus kept my fury under blankets. I jus listened and listened without opening my mouth too much. haha...

V interesting to see some pple( esp my head) trying her best to act as if she was trying to speak up for us when she kept showing others the letter. Hmmmm... Hw intersting! How annoying! How irritating!

No comments: