Saturday, November 22

Lasik Surgery

Lasik has been around for many years and many of my friends have taken enough courage to go for it. I was procastinating about it because of the risk involved. It also sounds quite "er xin" when i heard about the procedure. Then, one of the days, the Lasik surgery advertisement came out. So together with the equally curious Aunty Tan, we went for the forum.

I remebered it was on the 7th November 2008. Was the night of my 1st ppr. After the orum, they told us we had a free eye checkup. So went ahead with it lor. Had a hard time scheduling the date cause of the various events cmg up.

Finally, the date was set on 18th Nov, the day of my own sch D&D. Went for the check up and done everything. Then, it comes the decision. WHETHER TO DO IT OR NOT..... Then, i suddenly hear God saying, if you wan to do it, then why not. If you nvr muster enough courage to do something that u have been thinking to do it, then you nvr will. So i jus set my mind and stat the date.

20th November 2008

That day, when i was waiting for my turn, I felt a bit scared. You know the OT... Everything looks so white. I gt no idea but they asked me to rest on an arm chair and closed the curtains around me. Don know why they do this. I alr put on my gowns and stuff alr but they nvr pull open the curtains. So I was thr waiting, hearing everything happening outside but cant see. Now i know how pple feel when they go for surgery under LA. Scary sia.

Finally was my turn. Walked into the surgical rm. Looked like a rm in the dentist clinic. So the procedure went on. Open my eye lids, cut the cornea flap, laser and place back. Sounds simple but its actually a bit scary. I can smell the burning smell when the laser corrects my vision.

After a terrifying 5 mins, everything was finally over. So now, i can see without my spec or contacts. Went for quick dinner with HY then hurry up go back slp cause eyes causing a bit of dicomfort.

The next morning when i woke up, i gt a shock. Everything looks so clear that i thought i forgot to remove my contacts and fell asleep. THen i remembered.

This morning when i woke up, eyes not fully opened, i began to search for my glasses with my hands and wonder why its nt at the usual place of side table. Then realise that i don need it liao.

Result: This is wat happen when you wore specs forn more than 12 years. You are so used to it. Initially wanted to donate my spec to those children in 3rd World country (yes, the clinic have a donation box for spec). Think the feel quite shiok. Walk in with glasses. walk out without. THen, after much consideration, i decided to keep it. I can change the lenses for something without degree lar. Then when i feel like having glasses on my face, then can wear mah, haha.. Vain!


Singapore famous Lasik Surgery @ Paragon. Cost me 3.2K to ocrrect both eyes. Though ex, but with most credability.

No comments: