Sunday, March 18

Charity In Singapore

Juz watched the Ren Ci Charity Show in Singapore. The Reverend said," Each person is just like a grain of sand." HOw true is tat? There are numerous charity organisations in the small country of Singapore. How many of them still hold on to the love for the less fortunate? As i watched the show and the many testimonals, tears roll down my cheeks. I felt so sorry for those lying in bed, unable to move or think. Do they deserve such fate? Half of them hav families and friends out in the world caring for them. Why do they hav to face such difficulties and bring such torture to their beloved ones?

I come from a charitable organization myself. The motto: For the Service of Mankind. We are supposed to dedicate ourselves to helping the less fortunate. However, what i can see now is, people are holding on to power. Maybe I, myself is commiting this mistake. What is the meaning of doing volunteer work? What is the meaning of doing charity works?

Looking @ the history, tis organisation was born out of the goodwill of people. They selflessly commit themselves to help the sick and the desolate. They survived the hardship due to the commitment they set for themselves. The small grp of selfless volunteers grew to a large organisation due to the love they hav for the less fortunate.

Now, they hav evolved. Power struggle became common. Whatever happen to the "I stay not bcos of rank and power. I STAY bcos i commit myself to helping the less fortunate." People juz holding onto power, lower ranks volunteers try to get to the top of the management regardless of friendship, charitable org held up to court..... What is the true meaning of volunteerism? Can anyone help me with this question.


Dear Father. I pray, Father. Please help me find the true meaning of volunteerism. Please help me find the meaning of showing selfless care for the others. Am I right in staying on or is it time for me to leave? Hav i overstayed my welcome or hav i moved to a stage where i have become stagnant? Someone said that each of us is a grain of sand. Since the effort is so small individually, can we do something more by staying united? Father, I pray, Father! I think i hav fallen into the pit hole. Please help me Father to climb out of the dark, cold hole. Hold me in Your arms and give me warmth. Help me rekindle the fire of compassion and care and concern. Show me the light so taht i can spread to others. Do not let me be narrow minded but to embrace everyone regardless of their actions. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: